Preparing Your Organization for Data Science Transformation
To become more data-driven, organizations are scrambling to hire data scientists and to integrate analytical work into their every day processes. The competitive pressures of the market are real. However, if you move too quickly, or you fail to lay the proper groundwork, you will run into significant challenges with hiring and integrating new data science talent.
- It takes the right recruiting team to hire the best data scientists. Do you know what to look for and where to find the recruiters you need?
- Think carefully about where each function should report in. Will you have your data scientists all in one team or merged into specific business groups?
- What technology stack will you need to support your new data science work? Is it already in place or will you need to change your existing architecture?
- Analytical models are only helpful when they’re put to use. Are your marketing and product teams prepared—logistically and culturally—to work with your new data scientists?
In this highly interactive online seminar, SVDS Director of Communications Julie Steele and Ancestry Chief Data Officer Amy Gershkoff will discuss what it means to be a data-driven company—and how a Chief Data Officer can help make that a reality.
Register now to attend on Wednesday, April 19, at 10am PST. Registration is free of charge, but space is limited!
Julie Steele is Director of Communications at Silicon Valley Data Science. Julie finds beauty in the clear communication of ideas. She has spent her career writing and editing specialized books and reports for industry professionals, including two books on data visualization.
Dr. Amy Gershkoff is the Chief Data Officer for Ancestry, driving transformation and innovation in Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Data Science, and Machine Learning. Before this she was Chief Data Officer at Zynga. Prior to Zynga, she built and led the Customer Analytics & Insights team at eBay and led eBay’s Global Data Science Center of Excellence. Previously, she was Chief Data Scientist for WPP, Data Alliance, where she worked across WPP’s 350+ operating companies creating data and technology solutions. She served as the Director of Media Planning at Obama for America, where she architected Obama’s advertising strategy and designed the campaign’s analytics systems. Gershkoff has been named one of the nation’s “40 under 40” leading entrepreneurs and one of the Top 50 Women to Watch in Tech. She holds a Ph.D. from Princeton University.
- Introductory remarks by Dr. Amy Gershkoff and Julie Steele
- Discussion and Q&A
The seminar will take place online and will last approximately one hour.
We aim for a highly interactive and relevant event, and we want to make sure that your time is as well spent as possible. Please help us tailor the seminar to your interests and needs by answering a few questions in the form at the top of this page.
When you register, we'll send you a PDF of the report written by Julie Steele and published by O'Reilly Media, "Understanding the Chief Data Officer: How Leading Businesses are Transforming Themselves with Data" (Second Edition). You'll find this report to be helpful background for the topics discussed at this event.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.